Client Trust

What is up my followers and fellow bloggers! I apologize for taking longer than a week to post another blog. I selfishly took a week off to continue my bean counting studies. For those of who do not know what bean counting is, it’s accounting. There are many people in this wicked world consider bean counting and accounting as equals. Makes me sick to my stomach… It is like calling an IT guy a computer starter specialist. Or like calling a pastor a Bible receiter. My point is to say, there is more to accounting than people think. Anyways, back to this weeks blog topic – trust.

This week I, and my fellow classmates in Managing Technical People, are speaking on the subject of client trust. The textbook used, “The Geek Leader’s Handbook” provides many great insights to how to build client trust but I decided to take an entreprenuial approach to explain how to build client trust. Let’s break it down into three sections: trust in yourself, office, and finally, clients.

PLUG: Trust is the willingness to be VULNERABLE. (Keep this in mind)

• Three drivers to trust –
    • Ability – CAN THEY DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY CAN DO?
    • Benevalance – DO THEY CARE ABOUT ME? Outside of their own ego – besides their own gratification
    • Integrity – HAVING A SET OF VALUES THAT OTHER PEOPLE AGREE WITH!

This whole trust subject begins with you. IT STARTS WITH YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh5arV2cut0

Okay, now that you have watched a primetime Chris Farley clip, we can all agree – WE TRUST IN OURSELVES.

Repeat after me: WE. WILL. NOT. WILL. NOT. LIVE. IN. A. VAN. DOWN. BY. THE. RIVEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

After trusting in yourself, we can now move into trust within your office…

Now, like always, please take a few moments to watch the two video below:

Plug 2 – TAKEAWAY(S):

• Ability – there is plenty, just used in counter productive ways
  • Belevalance – Michael is ruthless, which set the standard for everyone else
  • Integrity – eh, with Dwight in the office, can there ever be any intergrity?

• Plug #3 – TAKEAWAY(S)
    • Ability – there is, again, great abilit but being used in counter productive ways
    • Benevalance – Dwight cares enough about Stanley to tranqulize him at work
    • Integrity – Again, can there be integrity when Dwight is around?

Finally, after building trust withing your office, is when you can actually expect a client to trust you. Building trust with a client is going to be challegning, it’s business and money is usally involved.

There are many factor playing into a a client trusting you and your business. In addition, there is not a perfect solution to building trust. As noted above, trust is the cornerstone of business. Building trust with clients will create long lasting, economically empowering, relationships in business. Remember, you must first believe in yourself and your company before expecting a client to trust you.

PLUG #4 – Build Client Trust

• Ability – You do not have to be the largest and the smartest to build trust with a client. You must show your ability to follow through on projects and other tasks
  • Benevalance – It is not just business. To maintian healthy client trust, you must show genuine care. When you have benavalance you can grow organically and maintain current clients
  • Integrity – You believe in your values and so does your company. Next step, use your ability and benevalance to show a client why they should trust you.

Remember, “We speak of princples but if the weather turns nasty you up your anrhcor and move to where the weather is calm.”

Please take the time to watch the video below whenever you have a sliver of free time. I promise you won’t regret it.