When Life Gets You Down, Get Back Up!

Have you ever been in a situation when you have such a large obstacle in your way? Whether you are in school, at work, or anywhere in the world everyone has failed at some point in their lives. We all have had some type of failure that we thought would be stopping us from what we would like to do.

For me, it’s usually with school and trying to do some of the major projects. I remember that back in my junior year of high school, I had a teacher that literally called me stupid in the class. I was devastated and I will say that it did push me to do better in the class. I passed it with a D and I was so happy with that because then I knew that I didn’t have to deal with her as a teacher anymore. I know that isn’t the best to think about it but I was motivated to do better and even got a tutor for that class. I was failing then I learned to get back up and try again. Even just this last semester, I was struggling in my Intro to Programming class. I felt as though I was stumbling and falling all over the place. That class was hard not only because I had never done anything like that before but also I wanted to do the projects without help. I was learning as I was going that I needed to fail at some point in order for me to learn that I truly did need help going through everything.

Another part of my life that I have learned to face the failure is when I was in a relationship with a few guys. The first time I was in a relationship was when I was 15 and naive. Back then, I would believe anything that a guy would tell me and that’s where my first relationship comes in at. The guy at first was sweet and then I found out two months into the relationship that he cheated on me. After a while, I decided that I would give him another chance but I guess God didn’t want me to be with him. So after two years I met another guy my senior year and we were together for a bit over a year. Again, I believe that God was saying not to date him either. Throughout my life I had convinced myself that all the failure I had in the relationships, I was somehow learning from those mistakes and I was finally going to allow God take over. Most relationships fail because of no communication or someone doesn’t love the other back. I’ve learned over time that I needed that push in my life from God and allow him to guide me in the right path. There are so many steps that one can take to get over the failure of a relationship.

People seem to think that they are the only ones that go through failure while the celebrities we see all the time do not. Every celebrity at some point (even if they don’t want to admit it) has failed at something in their life. Whether it was when they were a kid, teenager, or in their current famous lives they have somehow had some type of failure. Take Michael Jordan for example when he was younger and going through his career. He said that he has miss 9000 shots in his career and missed the winning shot 26 times. The point is that even through all of the failures that he’s been through, he says that all those missed shots is what has made him successful. There are so many celebrities like Michael that have been through a lot and shows that everyone in the world makes mistakes and that is okay to fail in life.

Overall, I believe that failure makes us push forward in what we want to do. There are so many things that you can tell yourself whenever you fail. You can overcome whatever failures come in your way. No matter what life may throw at you, you pick yourself up and never give up!