Motivation

What is the word Motivation? Motivation is a word that meant to give encouragement to be able to do something in any circumstances. There are things where you stop and think about it and tell yourself “wow I don’t know if I can do this, I don’t know if I want to do this” that’s normal thinking. People have their doubts, but the reality of life is that you’re never going to get the things that are needed to be done unless you find the motivation to be able to do so. You could think about how nice it would be, or how cool it would be over and over. But at the end of the day, if you don’t have any type of motivation, you’re never going to get the things you want to be done. In order to have the motivation you need determination, something you plan on getting unless you get the things done, that leads towards the thing you want. There is a small saying that I stay to myself to get things accomplished which “you have to take a step back in order to move forward”, “A minor setback for a major comeback”. As so, commitment plays a role in motivation. Having the commitment gives you the ability to tell yourself that you are going to do this no matter what it takes, no matter how long it takes, no matter how much pain that you have to go through, no matter what anybody’s says, no matter what obstacles you have to overcome. You’re going to get it done. You have to do the work, nobody is going to come at you with the opportunities you have to create them. To this there are moments when you get uninspired and discouraged, then feel like “why am I here”, “why did I do this”. I get this a lot being a student-athlete, it is difficult with time management. Sometimes I want to call it quits, but I have to see the bigger picture of how college will benefit me at the end.

There are days that I don’t feel like doing anything, well It’s that day again, Monday. I got a question for you, how many Mondays you think you got left? What does that number look like? I’ll tell you whatever that number is, it’s a limited number. We only get so many days so don’t waste them, make them count. What’s stopping you? Are you too tired? Didn’t get enough sleep? Don’t have enough energy? Don’t have enough time? Is that what’s stopping you right now? Don’t have enough money? Is that the thing. Or is the thing that’s stopping you, you? Sometimes you going to do something you don’t want to do, sometimes I have to do things I don’t want to do. Maybe it’s a workout I don’t feel like doing, maybe it’s a job I don’t feel like doing, sometimes it’s some meaningless task that I have to do that I don’t feel like doing. When I get something like that, I recommend making the right choice, the hard choice. If you got that choice between being soft and being hard, and between being lazy and being disciplined, which are you going to take? There’s a lot of people out there that want or need some motivation. When in doubt go out there and do what you’re supposed to do, whether you feel like or not, don’t be scared to fail. You do feel like failing, fail forward. Because the real question is what you want to do with your life or with your career. Because every level there another devil, only the ones that are motived and inspired will be the ones who will be successful.