New client relations

The book talks myths that can be present when getting new clients Myth one clients want what they asked you for. Myth two you build trust by demonstrating competence. If you do this especially early in your career you will might make a bad reputation with clients. Entrepreneur magazine has a great list of steps that help when trying to get a new client. As a key to any good relationship, communication is an essential way to build customer relationships. Promoting your business and listening to your customers are equally important. Rather than just telling customers about your business, have conversations with them. Find out what your customers need, then show them that you have a solution to their problem. Your customers expect great products or services from you. You should continue to raise the bar on what your company offers. To put it simply, under promise, and over deliver. When you impress customers, they keep coming back. To exceed customer expectations, you can deliver a product or service faster than anticipated. When you deliver earlier than expected, the customer will be happy about the surprise. Whether customers have a good or bad opinion about your business, they will make their feelings known. Invite customer feedback to show you are listening. Place comment cards on your business counter or conduct a survey. Customer feedback helps you hone your customers’ specific needs so you can find the best solutions to their problems. The better your offering meets their needs, the more your business will grow. With technology, there are more ways to begin conversations with your customers than ever before. There are many online tools and social media outlets you can use to reach customers. The final one is the most important to the success of your business. Reward long-time customers with a loyalty discount program. You can hand out reward cards or use a loyalty program app to track customer rewards.

For me this internship that I have coming up in the fall of 2019 is me gaining a client. So I am glad to have learned about this chapter before I start working there. I know that it is going to take some time for them to gain my trust in the skills that I have. Hopefully with the information from the chapter I can the process smoother than it would probably be. The hardest thing for me is going to be the suggesting changes to their current infrastructure not because I don’t know what systems to use, but that I have never worked in an environment where they are coming to me for all the answers. I just don’t want to tell them something wrong and get the client(supervisor) mad at me.