Client trust

One of the most important things to think about with your clients is how much they trust you, or the company. If the client has problems with the company, they are less likely to want to continue to work with that company and move to a different one that they trust better. When you think that one of your clients is having trust issue with you it is good to try and resolve the issue with them and possible gain their trust back. There are a few expectations that a client wants. These expectations can be violated sometimes and unintentional at most times.

A client will usually start losing trust in a company when, they don’t get treated well, it takes to long for the company to respond back, they are confused and don’t understand explanations, they feel unimportant, there are no updates on progress and problems, and you don’t give them excellent work. When any of these things happen, the client will have lost trust in you, which in return mean losing them. This is problematic not only will you lose future business from that client, but any references and business from people they tell.

When you are about to lose a client because of trust there are some steps that you can do in order to regain their trust. I had teacher ones that they lost my trust during their class. It was a photography class and the teacher sounded really great before it started. Once the class started it was going well. A couple of weeks in though and we stopped seeing assignments and emails from the professor. This made me emotionally upset because for two weeks I was taken a class that I was not getting any from. The professor finally emailed the class and told us his reason for not keeping us informed about the situation that they were going through. This somewhat worked, but my trust in him already went away and from that point on I held that against the professor. I didn’t like how they taught the class using youtube videos. This felt as if the professor did not know what they were doing. If the professor was prepared for some of their students being unhappy, found out what the facts were for why we were unhappy, figure out our feelings on the matter, let us know they understood us, frame the problem, handle any feelings we had, and finally handled the problem. The professor would have gained my trust back if they could help me understand the situation and they knew why I stop trusting them.

In the workplace, it is impossible to not get clients that will stop trusting you and might leave. This is why if you follow the steps to resolve the issue, the client will have more willingness to trust you again and continue to have business with you. When solving the issue, it is important to understand where the client is coming from and figure out what emotion is behind the issue. The client will have some facts about the situation that you may disagree with. However, in the end, both of you have to be in agreement on the situation at hand and what steps you are both going to make to handle the problem. This could mean that you lose the client because of their feelings, but they will most likely trust you more, or you solve their issue and continue business with them. Knowing how to solve trustworthiness and talk with the client is important for furthering your client relationships.

5.00 avg. rating (98% score) - 1 vote