Presentation

What Are presentations? It is a process of presenting a topic to an audience. It is typically a demonstration, introduction, lecture, or a speech meant to inform, persuade, inspire, motivate, or to build good will or to present a new idea or product. When giving a presentation you have to use your audience. You don’t want to have your audience sitting in boredom, it is best to wake your audience up and keep them engaged than to literally use them in your presentation. For instance, don’t ask rhetorical questions, ask questions to where your audience answer your questions. Better yet you should have custom your presentations slightly based on the audience. Next, you should question yourself “my presentation needs to be built around what my audience is going to get out of my presentation”. In the process of preparing the presentation, you always need to endure in mind what the audience needs and wants to know, not what can’t tell them. In the presentation, you also need to remain focused on your audience response and react to that. Basically “making it easy for your audience to understand and respond”. Always keep it simple and concentrate on your core messageis the key for what your planning to say doesn’t contribute to the core message. 

A good skill for presentations is “smile and make eye contact with your audience” I have difficulties with this, I’m shy and I don’t tend to like to be stared at. In this process, I need to break the habit of bad thoughts when I’m normally getting stared at out in public out of mind when I’m being in the center of attention to give information out that others will like to be informed. Because if you smile and make eye contact, you are building a rapportwhich helps the audience to connect with you and your subject. Another struggle is the beginning of the presentation I seem to fail to grab the audience’s attention and holding to it, it is crucial to be able to do so. Because its best by entertaining them. Like so telling story’s is a good way to help audiences to pay attention. “humans are programmed to respond to stories” so think about what stories you are going to tell your audience and create your presentation to tell it. the best tool in have is to be able to relax and use your voice effectively, because varying the speed you talk, and emphasizing changes in pitch and tone all can help be more interesting. You will present better if can also be relaxed and confidence throughout your whole presentation. “A presentation is a meaning of communication that can be adapted to various speaking situations, such as talking to a group, addressing a meeting or briefing a team.”