Presenting

We all hated doing presentation in school and probably thought where am I going to use this skill again well in business. Giving a presentation the best you can is the key. The following are a few steps to take to make sure that the presentation is the greatest.

1. Be strategic

Think about every presentation not as a discrete set of slides, but as a part of your overall marketing efforts. This means that every time you prepare a presentation, you should think strategically.

Don’t focus solely on what will happen while you are speaking. Instead, structure your presentation around what you want to happen afterwards. Ask yourself:

1. What do I want people to remember at the end of my presentation?
  2. What next step do I want them to take when we are done?
  3. How can I gain my audience’s trust?

2. Know your material

there is nothing worse than learning the contents of a presentation as you speak.

You’ve got to take a moment to know the content, If you can’t speak confidently and conversationally, people will know you’re not the expert they’re looking for. And if you fail to demonstrate your expertise, your audience is going to lose interest before they come to trust your business. Taking time to prepare and know your material is key to an engaging presentation, no matter who you are speaking to or what topic you are covering.

Knowing your material doesn’t mean memorizing a script. Rather, understand what you are trying to communicate and why, including:

1. Information you want to cover, including any statistics
  2. The flow of the material
  3. The goals of the presentation
  4. Any questions that your audience may ask

3. Capture attention

The first few moments of a presentation are critical. This is when you have to capture your audience’s attention and convince them to listen to the rest of your presentation.

Using a simple tactic to use is: Start your presentation with a small story or anecdote about your business, then relate that anecdote back to your audience.

4. Speak candidly

Once you have your audience’s attention, it can be intimidating to speak persuasively and confidently, especially if you are not comfortable with public speaking.

To overcome your anxiety, pick one person in the audience to speak to. Never choose the person who intimidates you the most. Instead, pick a friendly face in the crowd and speak to them, he said. Then everyone will hear that same confident message.

In my internship I am sure I will have to make some sort of presentation for new tech so that the people in charge know where the money is being spent. I don’t like to give presentations but I know if I make a great looking presentation and give it with confidence I can make them agree with me on the purchase on new tech.

5.00 avg. rating (98% score) - 1 vote