soft skills

Soft skills are different from hard skills, which are directly related to the job to which you are applying. Soft skillsare the importance in a workplace. How so? They are becoming more of a hard skill in today’s work forces. When it comes down to the soft skill in the employment area, it is typically narrowing down to the specific skill sets you have. When it comes to the subject of soft skill, they tend to be overlooked, but they play an important role in the day-to-day procedures. Everyone has a reputation for being the best coder, graphic designer, editor, whatever it is you are great at, but it does not matter what your good at it if you are lacking to be able to work well with others. Basically, you can be the best at what you do, but if your soft skills are not cutting it, then you are limiting your chances of career success. 

Unlike hard skills, which can be proven and measured, soft skills are indefinable and difficult to measure. For an example for soft skills they include to be able to have analytical thinking, being able to be verbal and have written communications to others. Soft skills are the key to be able to build relationships as Deloy pointed out, gaining visibility, and creating more opportunities for advancement. 

Understanding soft skills, I realized I have changed in ways that have better my characteristics. At first, when I came to Greenville, I stayed to myself, I did not talk to no one on campus where I was against everyone. Once I started opening up more and becoming more communicative, I tend to be more likable. The reason is having communication is an effective trait I learned to be able to interact with another person. Another trait I picked up is working with a team. In football, it has taught me the ability to work successfully in a group environment. Which lead me into having myself think that I am not in it for only just me, it is bigger than me that I have to put others over myself to be successful. Another soft skill that most stood out to me was having self-confidence with the things I say and do. Not only I configured this trait, but others pointed it out to me stating it is a good skill to have. not many people have confidence with the things they do or say which is where people are lacking to have. soft skills come more from observation and practice, it comes from tackling a body of knowledge and learning its principles and structures while implying these elements to work. 

Surely, soft skills are the abilities and traits of a person relating to personality and attitude, rather than to recognized nominal abilities which are termed as hard skills. although hard skills can be based on soft skills for the purpose of classification. There are a lot of soft skills out there, many of which are worth knowing about, and a good amount to understand and learn about.